Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Internal Medicine Specialist
Southfields Veterinary Specialists (SFVS) are currently recruiting for an internal medicine consultant who is board certified, or residency-trained (ECVIM or ACVIM) to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists.
As SFVS prepares to move to brand new 40,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facilities, you will be part of a team that has been provided with some of the most advanced equipment and facilities in a supportive working environment.
You will be committed to developing the centre and providing high standards of care to both our patients and referring veterinary surgeons. You will join a medicine team already comprising four clinicians, one resident and one intern. Our purpose-built, referral-only hospital is complimented by an excellent multi-disciplinary specialist-led team and provides the opportunity to work with some of the most exceptional and dedicated veterinary professionals in a supportive environment.
This exciting role working will require the candidate to:
- Provide clinical services as a consultant,
- Work with the team for development of the SFVS medicine service
- Support and develop the medicine team, in particular by supervising and teaching residents, interns, technicians and nurses
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
- Develop new ways of working and SOP’s within our new centre
- Demonstrate professional standards that will advance patient care
- Be an ambassador for the team
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining a new team will allow you to develop a service and work within an exceptional team.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- EU Citizenship
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- Full-time- based on a 4 day week
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, supported CPD, life insurance, registration fees and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression and to develop your career Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well positioned for international travel links by air and train.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.