Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Night Nurse – Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a talented Night Nurse to support the existing teams in providing exceptional care to our patients. This is a very exciting time to join Southfields as we prepare to move to a 40,000 sq. ft, state-of-the-art veterinary hospital.
You will work as part of a large night team that includes interns, nurses, trainee nurses and patient care assistants.
You will provide inpatient and emergency care to patients from neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, and internal medicine, assisting with incoming emergencies and be responsible for case handovers each day.
This is a varied role that will require you to be able to work under pressure, coordinate cases and be willing to learn and develop your skills.
Our core values ensure that we offer the same exceptional care to our patients during the day and night and we are looking to meet candidates that are passionate about the patients they look after.
Our night team is rapidly growing, and you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Senior Night Nurse and Head of Nursing Services to develop and implement new protocols.
This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require both team and individual work throughout the night. This is a working shift with suitable rest breaks and facilities provided. The role includes day-to-day nursing duties.
A great opportunity for career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines.
Due to the continued expansion at Southfields, you will work as a part of the growing team developing procedures and ways of working for the hospital.
Referral experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
What kind of person do you need to be?
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative
- Desire to build upon your current knowledge and experience, utilising learning opportunities available through Linnaeus and external CPD providers
- Passion to guide and support junior team members to reach their full potential
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
Specific experience/ qualifications/ status/ citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- Be a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) with a minimum of 1-year post-qualification experience
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
Why choose Southfields?
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the-art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer?
- A 4-on 4-off rota, equating to an average 39-hour working week
- A competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including a holiday reward system, CPD allowance and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.