Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Rotating Internship Application
Southfields Veterinary Specialists has nine rotating Internship positions. These are paid one-year positions that include rotations in the departments of Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Emergency and Critical Care (ECC), Internal Medicine, Soft Tissue Surgery, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Neurology and Anaesthesia, as well as evening, nights and weekend duties.
Key purpose of role
As an Intern you’ll work in close collaboration with senior clinicians in each of the disciplines and, under their supervision, are given responsibilities adapted to your level of knowledge and skills, to further develop your capabilities and career. This will cover a wide variety of tasks, activities and challenges.
We provided a structured teaching program with weekly rounds in journal club, internal medicine book club and surgery/oncology book club.
How it helps you in your career development
An internship is a great opportunity to gain experience in different specialist disciplines through an intensive and challenging training programme. The rotating internship will prepare you for a discipline specific internship and/or a residency application to fulfil your ambition to become a board-certified specialist. You must be committed to progressing to a discipline specific internship or residency.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- ability to blend in rapidly into a live operational environment
- self-drive to proactively continue with self- managed theoretical learning
- desire to proactively participate in broad practice activities such as journal clubs, imaging rounds and providing short presentations to other interns and clinical staff
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- EU Citizenship
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Must have relevant UK experience
- RCVS Registration completed
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- Full-time with variable rotas
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, life insurance, supported CPD, registration fees and pension
- A good work-life balance
- Located only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
To find out more
Potential candidates wishing to discuss this position informally are encouraged to contact Aldara Eiras, [email protected]
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.