Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Senior Patient Care Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are recruiting for a talented Senior Patient Care Assistant (Maternity Cover) to support our team of specialists, residents, interns, and nurses.
We are looking to meet candidates who are passionate both about animal welfare and developing their knowledge and experience within the veterinary industry. You will work both independently and as part of a team to support the provision of inpatient and emergency care to patients from all disciplines, including neurology, surgery, oncology, and internal medicine.
As a member of the Senior team, you will lead by example, guiding, supporting, and motivating your team of highly skilled Patient Care Assistants.
Your duties will include the creation and management of rotas for the PCA team to support the provision of nursing care and department preparation to accommodate an increasing caseload.
You will be the first port of call for departmental line management, liaising with the Head of Nursing Services to identify recruitment needs and taking an active role in the recruitment selection process.
Your attendance at senior meetings will allow you to use your experience to contribute ideas and solutions to the continued progression and development of the practice and the PCA team.
With the support of the Head of Nursing Services, you will influence, guide, and develop the PCA team as we prepare to move to a 40,000 sq. ft, state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to build on your existing leadership skills in a friendly and supported environment.
This is a challenging and rewarding role that will require an assertive and proactive leader with a positive approach to patient care.
This is a full-time (average 40 hours per week), fixed-term position with shifts between 7 am-8 pm. You will participate in a weekend and Bank Holiday rota.
A great opportunity for career development
You will have the opportunity to build upon your existing skillset through a thorough and supported induction alongside the completion of the Linnaeus Patient Care Assistant Course, covering topics such as animal husbandry, pharmacy, laboratory, and theatre, along with other CPD opportunities.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst gaining experience in cases from all disciplines.
Referral experience is not essential, as full training and support will be provided.
What kind of person do you need to be?
- You will need to be a highly motivated self-starter able to demonstrate leadership qualities required to coordinate, support and motivate our busy PCA team.
- You will have experience of, and a passion for, mentoring and training colleagues and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills to assist in managing conflicting priorities.
- You will have a desire to provide gold standard care to all our patients and the ability and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You will be willing and motivated to build upon your current skill set, utilising available training courses.
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- A Level 2 Veterinary Care Assistant qualification, or similar
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
Why choose Southfields
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the-art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- A full-time, fixed-term contract with the possibility of a permanent contract in the future
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Opportunities for progression
- A generous benefits package
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.