The dermatology service, led by an RCVS and European Specialist in dermatology, provides a full work up, diagnosis and treatment of recurrent skin diseases, including investigation and treatment of otitis externa/media via CT, parasitic, fungal and other miscellaneous skin diseases and allergy investigation, including intradermal skin testing.
The multi-disciplinary Specialist team enables a collaborative approach to treatment for patients with underlying disease, such as endocrine or neoplastic disease and presenting with secondary skin lesions.
Advanced clinical services include:
- comprehensive investigation of patients with otitis using advanced imaging (CT) and video-otoscopy for investigation of otitis cases, with access to Specialist surgeons should surgical intervention be required
- intradermal allergy testing for dogs and cats with atopic dermatitis
- treating pruritic cases, refractory to standard therapy cases with an unknown cause of pruritus and patients with unusual lesions
- in-house diagnostic microscopy and cytology, performed at the time of consultation, to allow rapid diagnosis and greater client understanding of the diagnosis, condition and treatments.
Equipment and facilities include:
- Specialist-led advanced diagnostic imaging, including CT scanning, and MRI with bespoke protocols to investigate all types of dermatological disease
- on-site microscopy
- in-house cytology performed at the time of consultation for rapid diagnosis
- state-of-the-art video-otoscope for recurrent otitis investigation
- in-house laboratory to undertake histopathology and microbial culturing under controlled conditions.