A comprehensive service provided by world-leading RCVS and European Specialists, forming the corner-stone of our multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
The diagnostic imaging team is based in the centre of the hospital, so that all our other Specialist services have direct access to their advanced equipment and specialist techniques.
All members of the team practice ‘clinical radiology’, so they are actively involved in the patient diagnostics and the clinical aspects of case discussion with our other multi-disciplinary teams, aiding the patient journey and supporting their treatment.
Advanced clinical services include:
- complete interpretation at the time of imaging
- adaptation of imaging according to findings, using specific targeted sequences and ensuring that unexpected findings are promptly investigated as well as reducing imaging times
- on-site NHS trained radiographer, providing the highest quality images and reduced patient imaging times
- fixed pricing for routine diagnostic procedures, so please contact us for further information.
Equipment and facilities include:
- high field-strength MRI scanner
- Advanced CT scanner
- digital radiography rooms with direct digital radiography
- ultrasonography rooms
- fluoroscopy unit (contrast studies and interventional procedures)
- orthopaedic x-rays assessed free of charge ahead of a potential referral
- 2 general ultrasound machines
- 1 cardiology Vivid E95 ultrasound machine
- portable ultrasound for critical patients.