An RCVS and European Specialist-led neurology team, offering complete medical and surgical services for all types of neurological conditions.
Our experienced team is passionate about providing support to general practitioners, with telephone advice readily available and all urgent appointments seen on the same day.
The neurology service works closely with the experienced Specialist orthopaedic and diagnostic imaging teams as part of their multi-disciplinary teamwork approach to patient care.
Advanced clinical services include:
- wide range of spinal and intra-cranial surgical procedures, including fracture repair and placement of ventriculoperitoneal shunts
- neuromuscular investigations
- nerve and muscle biopsies
- long consultations facilitating detailed discussions of complex cases with owners
- epilepsy clinics
- treatment of inoperable brain tumours working with the surgical and radiotherapy teams
- advanced nursing care 24/7, including rehabilitation and physiotherapy nurses.
Equipment and facilities include:
- state-of-the-art surgical facilities
- neuroimaging, a Specialist-led imaging service, routinely performed on the day of consultation, with every CT and MRI tailored to the patient
- high-resolution 3D MRI reconstruction for evaluation of fine structures including cranial and spinal nerves and diffusion MRI (ADC mapping) to evaluate cerebrovascular accidents
- CT scanner enabling 3D reconstruction and CT-myelography
- advanced electrodiagnostic unit, including electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction, F-wave air repetitive stimulations
- superior intensive care for unstable epileptic patients (1:1 nursing care).