One of the largest Specialist teams consisting of American and European diploma-holders, led by an RCVS and European Specialist in Oncology. The team has over 30 years of combined expertise and experience working with a multi-disciplinary approach to cancer patient management.
The oncology team also work closely with our radiotherapy and surgery teams to optimise patient treatments, especially as we offer in-house radiation as part of our cancer treatment.
The oncology team encourage case discussion with referring vets. In addition, great care is taken to ensure clients are given excellent counselling on therapeutic options and prognosis and are given the time that they need to decide on a plan which is right for their pet.
Advanced clinical services include:
- medical oncologists work directly with the highly experienced surgical oncology team, optimising and improving outcomes of oncology cases and enabling novel therapeutic approaches such as sentinel lymph node mapping
- cutting-edge and novel medical therapies available, including melanoma vaccine, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, metronomic chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- 24/7 care and support from our full-time medical oncology team
- out-of-hours support and treatment by our oncology team, where appropriate
- chemotherapy-specific nursing team with extensive experience in chemotherapy delivery.
Equipment and facilities include:
- specialised oncology facilities with experienced oncology nurses
- in-house laboratory for rapid results enabling chemotherapy administration during the consultation slot
- separate chemotherapy treatment rooms
- closed delivery system.