Soft Tissue Surgery
The soft tissue surgery team provide a comprehensive referral service for all surgical conditions. Our experience is extensive and we are able to accept referrals in all aspects of soft tissue surgery, whether a routine case or a more complex case that may require a multi-disciplinary approach.
Our highly qualified surgeons would not be able to perform the most advanced surgical procedures and offer the highest standards of care if they did not have the support of an anaesthesia Specialist, as well as dedicated interns and nursing staff who can provide intensive care to our surgical patients 24 hours a day.
The surgeons discuss every case with the anaesthetist, thereby ensuring that an optimal treatment is given to manage intra- and postoperative pain. Owners can therefore be reassured that even if their cat or their dog is undergoing a serious operation, our team have the skill and expertise to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible.
Surgical procedures performed by our surgical team include:
- Thoracic surgery: removal of lung tumours and other tumours in the chest or chest wall, treatment of chylothorax or pyothorax, pericardectomy.
- Head and neck operations: brachycephalic airway obstruction, laryngeal paralysis, oral tumours, total ear canal ablation, salivary mucocoeles.
- Gastro-intestinal surgery: treatment of oral tumours, removal of foreign bodies from the oesophagus, stomach and intestine, removal of tumours of the GI tract, perianal surgery (perineal hernia, anal sac problems, etc.).
- Urogenital surgery: ectopic ureter, urethral obstruction, bladder stones, prostatic disease, kidney tumours, trauma to the urinary tract.
- Other abdominal procedures: surgery of the liver and pancreas, tumours of the adrenal glands.
- Removal of skin tumours including reconstruction, where necessary.
- Management of complicated wounds.
- Neurosurgery: cervical and thoraco-lumbar disc herniation