Soft Tissue Surgery
Our soft tissue surgery service provides the majority of surgical procedures that do not fall under the remit of our orthopaedic surgery team.
The soft tissue team is led by an RCVS and European Specialist, working closely with Specialists across our disciplines, as part of our multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
The highly experienced team also play a pivotal role in the management of many cases referred to our internal medicine and oncology services.
Advanced clinical services include:
- collaborative approach to cancer patients with our oncologists and radiation oncologists
- complex reconstructive techniques, enabling an aggressive approach with better outcomes after surgical removal of tumours
- emergency out-of-hours surgical service provided by surgeons with a wide experience in the management of complex surgical emergencies
- a multi-disciplinary approach to brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome (BOAS) patients in co-operation with the cardiorespiratory service
- minimally invasive surgeries including laparoscopy and thoracoscopy.
Equipment and facilities include:
- state-of-the-art surgical facilities and 24/7 intensive nursing care experienced in rehabilitation of critical patients, e.g. tube feeding
- multi-modal post-operative analgesia in co-operation with the anaesthesia service
- burrs and oscillating saws
- vessel sealing devices
- vacuum-assisted wound closure.