How to refer to Southfields
Discuss a potential pet referral
If you wish to discuss a potential referral, require advice on which approach to take about a specific case or discuss a patient that we have already seen, please call reception on 01268 564664.
Emergency, urgent and out-of-hours referrals
Please call reception on 01268 564664 to speak to a member of staff for emergency, urgent and out-of-hours referrals cases.
It is not necessary to complete an online referral form for these cases
Referring a patient for the first time?
To refer a patient, please sign up as a as a Southfields’ Veterinary Professional Member, which enables you to:
- access the Members’ Area of our website
- save time, as the online referral registration process auto-completes your details
- track the log of cases you have referred to Southfields
- make a record of any emergency cases you have referred over the phone
- review your past referral history all in one convenient place
- register your interest in receiving details of Southfields’ services, CPD events and newsletters
- manage how you would like to receive the information you are interested in.
You will also automatically be entered into a free prize draw, with a chance to win Spabreaks.com gift vouchers worth £500*.
Refer a patient
To refer your patient for a routine appointment, please submit the online referral form to register the referral details.
Please specify on the online referral form if you wish Southfields Veterinary Specialists to make the patient appointments, so we can make direct contact with your client.
You can upload the accompanying referral letter, full clinical history, including laboratory results (both normal and abnormal) and radiographs when completing the online referral form. After the online referral form has been submitted, you will receive an email confirming the Referred Case Registration Number.
Alternatively, you can send the history, test results/radiographs and a covering letter separately by email, quoting the Referred Case Registration Number to: [email protected].
Client appointment arrangements
Our reception staff will contact either you or your client directly to arrange an appointment, depending on your contact preference.
All information submitted will be held securely and used only by Southfields