Emergency and Critical Care (ECC)
Southfields’ Specialist-led emergency and critical care service provides initial emergency treatment should your pet become injured or develop an acute, life-threatening disease.
Your regular vet should always be your first contact in the event of an emergency, and for the majority of cases, they will be able to provide the necessary treatment. However, in some cases they may refer you to our ECC team. If this happens, you can rest assured that we are one of the largest and best-equipped veterinary centres in the South East of England and you will receive immediate attention.
- superbly equipped intensive care facility
- 24-hour intensive nursing care provided by our team of dedicated, experienced ICU nurses including 1:1 care for the most critical of patients
- dedicated anaesthetist working alongside an ECC Specialist in the intensive care unit (ICU) as standard – advanced multi-modal analgesia for critical patients
- emergency diagnostics, endoscopy and surgical interventions provided by Specialists available at all times
- post-operative ICU hospitalisation of Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) patients as standard
- all staff fully trained and annually retrained in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- state-of-the-art surgical facilities with Specialist surgeons and anaesthetists available 24-hours per day, 365 days per year
- advanced imaging including MRI, CT and ultrasonography with Specialist radiologists available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
Our highly experienced team is based within our advanced intensive care unit and is fully supported by our experienced multi-disciplinary team.