Southfields Veterinary Specialists (SFVS) are currently recruiting for an cardiologist who is board certified or residency-trained, to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists.
As SFVS has recently moved to a brand new 42,000 sqft state-of-the-art facilities in August 2022, you will be part of a team that has been provided with some of the most advanced equipment and facilities.
You will be committed to developing the practice and providing high standards of care to both our patients and referring veterinary surgeons. You will be an integral member of our small but passionate cardiology team comprising one diploma holder, a discipline-specific nurse, and a cardiology intern. Our purpose-built, referral-only hospital is complimented by an excellent multi-disciplinary specialist-led team and provides the opportunity to work with some of the most exceptional and dedicated veterinary professionals in a supportive environment.
This exciting role will require the candidate to:
- Provide clinical services as a cardiology consultant
- Work with the team to further grow and develop the SFVS cardiology service
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
- Develop new ways of working and SOP’s within our new centre
- Demonstrate professional standards that will advance patient care
- Be an ambassador for the team
Opportunities for career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we have recently moved to our new state-of-the-art referral centre. There is a good steady caseload and a lot of scope to further develop the cardiology service and pursue your particular areas of interest. Working within the wider Linnaeus group offers huge potential to collaborate with an exceptional team and also be part of a large network of supportive specialists across the world.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated starter with the:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (or eligible to become a member)
- Successful completion of a recognised veterinary cardiology residency programme
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a diverse, forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary purpose-built state-of-the art working environment, and commitment to personal and career development.
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 85,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Linnaeus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all of our associates.
What's on Offer?
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- Competitive package
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Error: Contact form not found.