An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated individual to join our team at our Specialist multi-disciplinary referral Hospital taking on the role as Clinical Director. The successful applicant will hold an RCVS, American or European Diploma (or equivalent) and share our aim of providing excellent levels of care for our patients, clients and referring Veterinary Surgeons.
Opportunities for career development
As Clinical Director you will be responsible for the leadership and delivery of the clinical activities and commercial performance of the Hospital, alongside involvement in developing the strategic direction for Southfields and for the wider Linnaeus group. You will work closely with the team leaders in each service to optimise performance and create a culture of leadership that drives a high level of engagement for all associates.
What kind of person you need to be
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering the best possible service, support and outcomes for patients, clients, referring vets and colleagues. This is a role in which you will help shape teams, leading by example via excellent communication skills, ensuring collaborative and effective working relationships between teams, leadership and other group associates. You will ensure that excellent quality improvement and education, as well as associate fulfilment, are an integral part of your hospital outcomes, alongside a culture of being committed to excellence in all that is done
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
- Have proof of your right to work in the UK
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have strong communication skills and maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Have a RCVS, American or European Diploma (or equivalent)
- Be part of one of the UK’s leading small animal veterinary referral centres!
- It’s an exciting time for Southfields Veterinary Specialists! Our new 42,000 sq ft, state-of-the-art veterinary hospital is nearing completion. Our new facility will provide one of the largest and best-equipped multi-disciplinary veterinary referral centres not only in the UK, but also throughout Europe.
- In addition to the state-of-the-art equipment including a new Varian TruBeam® Linear Accelerator with the capability to offer highly targeted radiotherapy treatments such as IMRT and stereotactic radiosurgery, our new building is designed to make our patients feel at ease. We have consulted a specialist animal behaviourist throughout the design process and we have carefully planned our patient journey to minimise stress and reduce anxiety.
- As well as considering the needs of our patients when designing our new hospital, we’ve also taken into account the needs of our team members. Our new building provides a light and airy working environment, with natural light streaming throughout both floors. We have also incorporated wellbeing facilities for our own team such as a staff room with an outdoor terrace and a dedicated staff wellbeing area with space for exercise and relaxation classes, as well as a training centre accessible to our colleagues in the wider veterinary industry.
- Our philosophy is very much one of friendly cooperation between all members of the team with a collaborative culture between our clinicians, clinical and non-clinical support services, and client experience teams.
- Located in Essex just outside the London Orbital Motorway, Southfields Veterinary Specialists can be reached in only 30 minutes by train from central London. It is also within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and is extremely well-positioned for international travel links by air and train.
What's on Offer?
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Error: Contact form not found.