and Critical Care)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a clinician of Emergency and Critical Care in our brand-new purpose-built referral hospital.
This is an exciting full-time role and will ensure the candidate is an integral part of planning as we prepare to open our new state-of-the-art ICU department.
We are seeking an experienced vet who has experience working with emergency and OOH cases. This role will be based within the ICU and wider teams that will support our patients and colleagues across all of our services 24 hours a day.
This is a unique opportunity to join Southfields Veterinary Specialists team that will deliver emergency, critical and intensive care in our brand-new centre.
As SFVS has moved into its brand new 42,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facilities, you will be part of a team that has been provided with some of the most advanced equipment and facilities in a supportive working environment.
You will be committed to providing high standards of care to both our patients and referring veterinary surgeons.
This exciting role working will require the candidate to:
- Provide clinical services,
- Work with the team for development of the SFVS Emergency and Critical Care service
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
- Demonstrate professional standards that will advance patient care
- Be an ambassador for the team
The position is suited to an experienced emergency vet, with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a large 24-hour multi-disciplinary team.
The applicant must be solution focussed and be able to work collaborative.
This position reports to the Head of ECC.
Opportunities for career development
You will join an excellent multi-disciplinary specialist-led team that provides the opportunity to work with some of the most exceptional and dedicated veterinary professionals in a supportive environment.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Lead a team under pressure
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Right to work in UK or ability to apply.
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time position
- Very competitive salary
- 5 weeks’ holiday, plus bank holidays*
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, supported CPD, life insurance, registration fees and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression and to develop your career Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well positioned for international travel links by air and train.
*Pro-rata for part-time associates
Error: Contact form not found.