Veterinary Nurse (RVN) – Part-time
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are recruiting for a talented Registered Veterinary Nurse to support our existing teams in providing exceptional care to patients visiting our Dermatology service.
You will see an exciting and varied referral caseload, allowing you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career working alongside our Dermatology Team Leader, Filippo De Bellis, DVM CertVD DipECVD MRCVS and Dermatologist, Davide Immediato,
This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to the service and its patients.
We are seeking a proactive, dedicated, and knowledgeable RVN to support the continued growth of our Dermatology service. You will work alongside Filippo and Davide to establish, implement, and evolve working processes as we prepare to move to our new 40,000 sq.ft. state-of-the-art, purpose-built premises.
Utilising our state-of-the-art video otoscope, specialist-led advanced diagnostic imaging facilities, and in-house laboratory, you will use your knowledge and experience to support patients undergoing investigations and receiving treatment for a wide range of dermatological conditions including, but not limited to, endocrinopathies, immune mediated skin disease, parasitic skin disease, and skin neoplasia.
You will work collaboratively with all disciplines to facilitate gold standard patient care through effective communication from the point of admit through to discharge.
Opportunities for career development
This is the perfect opportunity for an RVN with a keen interest in dermatology to develop their understanding and practical abilities alongside our experienced team.
With a generous CPD package and access to a diverse range of in-house learning opportunities, you will be encouraged to build upon your current knowledge and experience in a supported environment.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services as we have moved into our 42,000 sq ft. purpose-built practice, providing all disciplines with state-of-the-art facilities to support our growing caseload.
Referral experience is not essential as full training and support will be provided.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with:
- An interest in dermatology
- The desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- The ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually
- An inclination to learn and develop your clinical skills
- A passion for mentoring and training colleagues
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) with a minimum of 1-year post-registration experience
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK.
Relevant further qualification(s) would be advantageous but are not essential as full training will be given.
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
Full-time applications are happily received with additional working days allocated to either our Multidisciplinary nursing team or as a discipline specific role as a Dentistry and Maxillofacial RVN or Exotic Pets RVN (please see our Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery RVN and Exotic Pets RVN vacancies for further information).
- Up to £28,000 (pro-rata) (dependent upon experience)
- A part-time position (2 days per week)
- A competitive salary*
- A generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and Birthday entitlement*
- A generous CPD allowance, including 3 CPD days per year to assist with studies*
- Enrolment on to our company pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
*Pro-rata for part-time associates
Error: Contact form not found.