Critical Care Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for three RVNs to join our newly established Emergency and Critical Care service as we prepare to move to our brand-new purpose-built referral hospital in 2022.
We are seeking RVNs who have experience working with emergency and OOH cases. The roles will be based within the ICU and wider teams that will support our patients and colleagues across all our services 24 hours a day.
As Southfields Veterinary Specialists has moved to our brand new 42,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facilities, you will be part of a team that has been provided with some of the most advanced equipment and facilities in a supportive working environment.
This is an exciting time to join us and the successful candidates will be an integral part of planning as we prepare to open our new state-of-the-art ICU department. It’s also a unique opportunity to join the team that will deliver emergency, critical and intensive care in our brand-new centre.
You will be committed to providing high standards of care to both patients and referring veterinary surgeons.
This exciting role will require the candidate to:
- Provide exceptional care to patients located within the ICU
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
The position is suited to an experienced RVN, with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a large 24-hour multi-disciplinary team.
The applicant must be solution focussed and be able to work collaboratively.
This position reports to the Senior ECC RVN
Opportunities for career development
You will join an excellent multi-disciplinary specialist-led team that provides the opportunity to work with some of the most exceptional and dedicated veterinary professionals in a supportive environment.
With the support of the Linnaeus Group, you will have access to a wide and varied range of development opportunities, including, but not limited to, mentoring, webinars, modular courses, and journal clubs.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to use your knowledge and experience to manage conflicting priorities
- Desire to build upon your current knowledge and experience, utilising learning opportunities available through Linnaeus
- Passion to guide and support junior team members to reach their full potential
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have proof of your right to work in the UK
- Be a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN), with a minimum of 1-year post-registration experience
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have strong communication skills and maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Experience of working in an ECC/ICU/OOH environment
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Up to £30,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- A full-time, 40 hpw position (part-time applications will be considered)
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, supported CPD, life insurance, registration fees and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression and to develop your career
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well positioned for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.