Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for an Anaesthesia Intern who is registered with the RCVS.
- Applications close on 31st March
- Candidates will be shortlisted and interviews will commence in June
- Residency Position will be available in 2023
The position is for one year with a fixed term contract of employment. You will be part of the anaesthesia team consisting of one ECVAA diplomate, two residency trained consultants and three anaesthesia nurses. The long-term plan is to expand the service even further when we move to our new hospital in 2022.
The Anaesthesia Intern position offers the candidate the opportunity to:
- Improve their experience and knowledge in a range of cases and patients through working within a large team of specialists in this busy referral clinic
- Provide excellent care for patients within a multidisciplinary referral hospital
- Preparation, maintenance and recovery of anaesthesia patients
- Contribute to pain management
- Maintain a flexible approach and dedication to working in a busy environment
- Work closely with all disciplines including ECC
Our purpose-built referral-only practice is complemented by an excellent multi-disciplinary team and provides the opportunity to develop your career in a pleasant and supportive atmosphere.
This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require team work and dedication to our clients and to the team.
Opportunities for career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we have moved to our brand new state-of-the-art referral centre. Training and a supportive working environment are where we excel. You will gain experience in a wide range of specialist-led cases.
Working within the Linnaeus group offers huge potential to work with an exceptional team.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with:
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually
- An inclination to learn, and develop your skills
- A desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients and clients
- A good sense of humour
- The ideal candidate will have fulfilled a rotating internship at a referral hospital, have evidence of further education in anaesthesia and analgesia and show an interest in clinical research
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Completed a recognised rotational internship, ideally in the UK for 1 year
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- MRCVS registered (or eligible)
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in offering new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time position
- A generous benefits package
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Birthday leave
- Structured in-house teaching, supervision and support
- Reasonable on-call rota
- Opportunities for progression
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train
To apply simply complete the application form below and upload your CV and covering letter.
Error: Contact form not found.