Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists is looking to recruit an RVN to support our existing Neurology team in providing exception care to our patients. This is a very exciting time to join Southfields as we have moved to our 42,000 sq. ft, state of the art veterinary hospital.
You will work as part of our team of consultants, residents, interns, nurses, and support staff to co-ordinate and deliver gold standard patient care alongside our specialist-lead neurology team.
You will have a good understanding of anaesthesia which, following an induction alongside our team of anaesthetists, will allow you to support patients undergoing investigations into a wide range of neurological conditions, including epilepsy, congenital malformations, brain and spinal trauma and tumours, neuromuscular diseases, peripheral neuropathies and infection and inflammatory CNS diseases.
You will work closely with the wards team to establish and deliver effective inpatient care plans, including physiotherapy to support recovery.
You will assist with the safe administration of Cytarabine injections to outpatients receiving treatment for meningitis.
You will demonstrate excellent customer care and communication skills, allowing you to participate knowledgeably in post-operative client contact, offering guidance and support to owners following their pet’s procedure.
Following your successful induction period, you will assist in delivering training in neurology and physiotherapy to associates within and outside the practice.
You will be encouraged to enhance this growing service by sharing your valuable ideas.
This is a great opportunity for an RVN with a keen interest in neurology to develop their understanding and practical abilities alongside our experienced team of specialists.
Opportunities for career development
This is an exciting opportunity to build upon your interest in neurology in a supported environment with a large and varied caseload.
You will have access to a wide range of internal CPD opportunities via Southfields and Linnaeus, alongside a generous benefits package.
Referral experience is preferred but not essential, as full training will be provided.
What kind of person you need to be
- You will need to be highly motivated self-starter able with the
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Inclination to learn and develop your clinical skills
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) with a minimum of 1-year post registration experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- A generous benefits package
- Training provided
- Located only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.