Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a talented nurse to support the existing teams in providing exceptional care to our patients.
As part of our Oncology team consisting of consultants, residents, interns, nurses, and support staff, you will see a large and varied referral and emergency caseload, allowing you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to the service and its patients.
As an Oncology nurse, you will coordinate with the Senior Oncology Nurse and associated disciplines to care for patients requiring chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, immunotherapy, interventional oncology and palliative care.
You will assist with cutting-edge and novel medical therapies, including melanoma vaccine, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, metronomic chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
You will have a good understanding of anaesthesia which, following an induction alongside our team of anaesthetists, will allow you to support patients undergoing diagnostic investigations and oncology treatments.
Your excellent communication skills will enable you to demonstrate professionalism, knowledge, care and empathy to support clients throughout their pet’s treatment.
As part of our chemotherapy-specific nursing team, you will be aware of and support patient-friendly approaches, utilising low-stress handing techniques and positive reinforcement to care for patients receiving treatment.
Opportunities for career development
This is the perfect opportunity for the RVN with a keen interest in oncology to develop their understanding and practical abilities alongside an experienced team of specialists and RVNs.
You will be required to liaise with all disciplines to facilitate gold standard patient care through effective communication from the point of referral through to discharge.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services as we have moved to our new 42,000 Sq Ft. purpose-built practice, providing all disciplines with state-of-the-art facilities to support our growing caseload.
Referral experience is not essential as full training and support will be provided.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with:
- A keen interest in oncology.
- The desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients.
- The ability to help develop and shape a growing service.
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- An inclination to learn and develop your clinical skills.
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be enrolled with the RCVS as a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN), with a minimum of 1-year post-registration experience.
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work.
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK.
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Up to £28,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- Full-time position
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and Birthday entitlement
- A generous CPD allowance, including 3 CPD days per year to assist with studies
- Enrolment on to our company pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.