Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for talented Patient Care Assistants to support our team of highly skilled specialists, residents, interns, nurses, and trainee nurses.
Our core values ensure that we offer the same exceptional standard of care to our patients during the day and night, and we are looking to meet candidates who are passionate about animal welfare and developing their knowledge and experience within the veterinary industry.
You will work both independently and as part of a team to support the provision of inpatient and emergency care to patients from all disciplines, including neurology, surgery, oncology, and internal medicine. You will have the opportunity to build upon your existing skill set through a thorough and supported induction alongside the completion of the Linnaeus Patient Care Assistant Course, covering topics such as animal husbandry, pharmacy, laboratory, and theatre.
This is a full-time (average 40 hours per week), permanent position with shifts between 7am-8pm. You will participate in a weekend and Bank Holiday rota.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines. Referral experience is not essential, as full training and support will be provided, however experience within a similar role would be advantageous.
Opportunities for career development
Southfields are proud to encourage the continued professional development of their associates and, upon successful completion of your induction, you will be considered for enrolment on to the Level 2 Veterinary Care Support Assistant apprenticeship, with the potential to progress to a Student Veterinary Nurse position in the future.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide gold standard care to all our patients
- Ability and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Inclination to learn, and develop your clinical skills
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- Previous experience within a similar role would be advantageous
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Salary £19,822 based on 40 hours per week
- A generous benefits package
- Opportunities for progression
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train
Error: Contact form not found.