Assistant (Diagnostic Imaging)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are recruiting for a talented Patient Care Assistants to support our team of highly skilled veterinary specialists, residents, interns, and nurses, as part of our Diagnostic Imaging team. We are looking to meet candidates who are passionate about animal welfare and developing their knowledge and experience within the veterinary industry.
You will work both independently and as part of a team to support the provision of inpatient and emergency care to patients requiring investigations and treatment by our Diagnostic Imaging team. Your duties will include, assisting with the preparation of patients for hospitalisation and diagnostic procedures; preparing and maintaining diagnostic equipment, performing in-house lab tests and documenting results in line with practice policies; assisting with the delivery of inpatient care; maintaining high levels of cleanliness and ensuring effective stock management in your area of responsibility and throughout the hospital.
Opportunities for career development
You will have the opportunity to build upon your existing skill set through a thorough and supported induction alongside the completion of the Linnaeus Patient Care Assistant Course, covering topics such as animal husbandry, pharmacy, laboratory, and inpatient care.
This is a full-time (average 40 hours per week), permanent position with shifts between 7am-8pm. You will participate in a weekend and Bank Holiday rota.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career. Referral experience is not essential, as full training and support will be provided.
Southfields are proud to encourage the continued professional development of their associates, and, upon successful completion of your probation period, you will be considered for enrolment on to the Level 2 Veterinary Care Support Assistant apprenticeship, with the potential to progress to a Student Veterinary Nurse position in the future.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide gold standard care to all our patients
- Ability and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Inclination to learn, and develop your clinical skills
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- Have a minimum of 1-year experience of working as a Patient Care Assistant within a veterinary environment
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Salary £19,822, based on 40 hours per week
- A generous benefits package
- Opportunities for progression
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.