Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia – Alternative Track
Southfields Veterinary Specialists, a recognised ECVAA satellite centre, are currently recruiting for an Anaesthesia alternative track resident. Southfields Veterinary Specialists is a growing multi-disciplinary private referral hospital based in Essex, UK and is moving to a new purpose-built hospital in the summer of 2022.
- Applications close on 15th July 2022
- Candidates will be shortlisted and interviews will take place shortly after
- Position will start after 15th September 2022
You will be part of the anaesthesia team consisting of two ECVAA diplomates, two residency trained consultants and three anaesthesia nurses and contribute to out of hours emergencies duties. The long-term plan is to expand the service even further when we move to our new hospital in August 2022. This team will support and mentor you during your three-year training programme.
The position is for 3 – 4 years and will follow an Alternate Track Programme, involving externships at other ECVAA Approved Centres, supervised by other ECVAA or ACVAA Diplomates.
Our purpose-built referral-only practice is complimented by an excellent multi-disciplinary team and provides the opportunity to develop your career in a pleasant and supportive atmosphere. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to our clients and the team.
Opportunities for career development
- This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services.
- You will be enrolled on an ECVAA alternative track residency training programme and will be exposed to a wide range of specialist lead cases.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with:
- As part of ECVAA pre-residency requirements, you must have done at least a one-year rotating internship (or have at least two years’ experience in general practice), with an anaesthesia internship being desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- An inclination to learn, and develop your skills
- Enthusiasm for anaesthesia
- Good communication skills and ability to make shared decisions, solve problems and deal with conflicts.
- You should be organised, with good time management skills and adaptable
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons or be eligible to register.
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time position
- 5 weeks’ holiday, plus bank holidays*
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, life insurance, supported CPD, registration fees and pension scheme
- Structured in-house teaching, supervision and support
- Reasonable on-call rota
- Opportunities for progression
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
*Pro-rata for part-time associates
Error: Contact form not found.