in Diagnostic Imaging
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently on the lookout for a board certified or residency-trained veterinarian in Diagnostic Imaging to provide support to our rapidly growing department, which comprises of three Diagnostic Imaging specialists, an experienced Diagnostic Imaging clinician, a radiographer, a Diagnostic Imaging intern, and a team of six dedicated Diagnostic Imaging nurses.
Southfields is a large multi-disciplinary veterinary hospital in Essex, UK, having diploma holders in multiple disciplines including oncology, neurology, orthopaedics, soft tissue, anaesthesia, medicine, ophthalmology, dermatology, dentistry, exotics, and residents in many of these disciplines.
This is an exciting time to join our large multi-disciplinary veterinary team as we are moving to our new 40,000 sq. ft, state-of-the-art veterinary referral hospital and upgrading to brand new cross-sectional imaging machines (Siemens Magnetom Sola 1.5T MRI and Siemens 64-slice CT). Our equipment also includes a GE Logiq E10 ultrasound machine, a Toshiba DR Rotanode E7239X radiography unit and a mobile C-Arm.
Alongside our cross-sectional imaging suite, we will be introducing a new combined digital radiography and fluoroscopy machine (Siemens Luminos dRF Max), a portable radiography machine, and new ultrasound equipment, which will complete our exceptional portfolio as the clinic continues to expand our specialities and invest in new services.
As the oncology service has a very strong tradition at Southfields, a brand-new, cutting-edge linear accelerator will be installed to take patient care to a whole different level and offer the best treatment options that are currently available on the veterinary market.
You will see a large and varied referral and emergency caseload, allowing you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career. Our team is also engaged in teaching and clinical research. As we aim to be among the very best veterinary referral centres in the country, we focus on quality of health care rather than huge case numbers.
Your daily duties will include:
- Provide clinical services as a Diagnostic Imaging consultant
- Work with the team to further grow and develop the Diagnostic Imaging service at Southfields
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
- Undertake supervision of our Diagnostic Imaging intern
- Demonstrate professional standards that will advance patient care
- Be an ambassador for the team
Opportunities for career development
You will have the opportunity to help develop the Imaging department, which acts as a hub between a multitude of exceptionally talented and dedicated veterinary professionals. The role will include a strong collaboration with the wider, tight-knit, specialist-led team of multiple speciality services. You will work closely in a supportive environment between our team of dedicated radiologists, our radiographer, discipline-specific Diagnostic Imaging nurses, residents, interns, and support staff.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients and clinicians
- Desire to build upon your current knowledge and experience, utilising available professional development opportunities
- Passion for training colleagues and to support team members to reach their full potential
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to help develop a growing service
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (or eligibility to become a member)
- Successful completion of a recognised ACVR or ECVDI residency in a small animal diagnostic imaging programme
- Provide proof of or eligibility for your right to work in the UK
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the-art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time, permanent position (over four working days per week)
- 40-hour week including contribution to a 1:4 out-of-hours rota
- Competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including 5-weeks annual leave plus birthday entitlement, CPD allowance, pension scheme, life assurance, enhanced family leave and company sick pay
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent location – situated only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train
Error: Contact form not found.