Imaging Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) – Maternity Cover
Southfields Veterinary Specialists is looking to recruit a clinically experienced RVN to lead a team of highly skilled Registered Veterinary Nurses and support our Radiologists and Radiographers in our rapidly growing diagnostic imaging department.
You will work as part of the senior and nursing team to co-ordinate and deliver gold standard patient care alongside our specialist-lead Diagnostic Imaging team.
Your duties will include the creation and management of rotas for the Imaging nursing team and Radiographers to ensure the provision of adequate nursing care and department preparation to accommodate an increasing caseload.
You will liaise with all disciplines including, anaesthesia, neurology, surgery, internal medicine, oncology and radiotherapy, dermatology, ophthalmology, and exotics to facilitate the effective co-ordination of all imaging modalities, including imaging nurse allocation. Your excellent clinical skills will allow you to participate in day-to-day nursing duties.
As a member of the senior nurse team, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and continual enhancement of our commitment to excellence.
You will report directly to the Head of Nursing Services and support the senior nursing team as our services, team, facilities, and equipment continue to enhance and grow.
Specific Senior imaging nurse duties to include:
- Assisting with and performing diagnostic imaging procedures to include Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Ultrasonography, Radiography, and fluoroscopy. You will work confidently and solely within each imaging modality, operating highly specialised imaging equipment, overseeing equipment performance and image quality, positioning patients to a high diagnostic and clinical standard, understanding, and resolving logistical and technical imaging system faults,
- Daily operational and organisational duties of the picture archiving communication system to include imaging reconstruction, image and report back up and archiving, handling internal and external image and report requests.
- General registered nursing duties including, monitoring of anaesthesia; intravenous catheter placement; drug dosage calculation, handling, and administration; blood sampling and laboratory duties; patient recovery and, general cleaning and infection control.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety objectives are met daily and any concerns reported
- Appointed RPS duties including lead care of imaging equipment, overseeing a safe working environment, equipment servicing, repairs, the performance and co-ordination of annual health and safety tasks within the service to ensure Ionising radiation regulations are met,
- Overseeing all aspects of radiation across all areas and modalities within the service (X-ray/CT/fluoroscopy). You will be provided with the necessary radiation protection training to allow a safe working environment.
- The Introduction, development, and supervision of imaging service protocols, ensuring SOP measures are in place and regularly followed by imaging team members and wider Southfields team when involved with imaging procedures,
- The performance of daily Registered Veterinary Nurse duties which meet high standards and set good working examples within your team
- Creating and maintaining a positive working environment and supportive culture – you should encourage and support an open, transparent and safe working environment
- Proactively supporting the senior nursing team and Head of Nursing Services to facilitate the smooth running of the hospital.
- Undertaking and attending CPD and meetings (inc. weekly management meeting) relevant to the role
Opportunities for career development
This is an exciting opportunity to build on your existing leadership skills in a supported environment. With the support of the Head of Nursing Services, you will influence, guide, and develop the diagnostic imaging team and support staff as Southfields prepares to move to our new state-of-the-art facility.
You will be the first port of call for departmental line management for the nursing and support team.
You will liaise with the Head of Nursing Services to identify recruitment needs and take an active role in the recruitment selection process.
You will be exposed to cases from all disciplines, including emergency and routine procedures. Referral experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
What kind of person you need to be
You will need to be highly motivated self-starter able to demonstrate leadership qualities to co-ordinate, support and motivate our busy diagnostic imaging team.
You will have experience of, and a passion for, mentoring and training colleagues and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills to assist in managing conflicting priorities.
As a member of our senior nursing team, your desire to provide the best clinical service to our patients will allow you to demonstrate a proactive approach to developing and shaping a growing service.
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) status
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of diagnostic imaging, to including CT, MRI, Fluoroscopy, and radiography.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of radiation safety
- Following a structured induction period, be able to confidently work both independently and as part of a team, operating specialised diagnostic imaging equipment
- Experience of supporting and leading a team
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time maternity position
- Competitive salary
- Training provided
Error: Contact form not found.