Patient Care Assistant
Job Type: Part-time, permanent
Hours: 7.30pm-7.30am, 5 on, 10 off rolling rota.
Salary: Up to £19,172.41 per annum
Where should the applications be sent to: [email protected]
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are recruiting for a talented Senior Night Patient Care Assistant to support our team of specialists, residents, interns, and nurses.
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice in our brand new 42,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility.
Your role and responsibilities
With the support of the Head of Nursing Services, you will influence, guide, and develop the Night Patient Care Assistant team. This is an exciting opportunity to build on your existing leadership skills in a friendly and supported environment.
We are looking to meet candidates who are passionate about animal welfare and developing their knowledge and experience within the veterinary industry. You will work both independently and as part of a team to support the provision of inpatient and emergency care to patients from all disciplines, including neurology, surgery, oncology, and internal medicine.
As a member of the Senior team, you will lead by example, supporting and motivating your team of highly skilled Night PCAs.
Your duties will include the creation and management of rotas for the Night PCA team to support the provision of nursing care and department preparation to accommodate an increasing caseload.
You will be the first port of call for departmental line management, liaising with the Head of Nursing Services to identify recruitment needs and taking an active role in the recruitment selection process.
Your attendance at senior meetings will allow you to use your experience to contribute ideas and solutions to the continued progression and development of the practice and the PCA team.
This is a challenging and rewarding role that will require an assertive and proactive leader with a positive approach to patient care.
You will participate in an on-call rota.
Opportunities for career development
You will have the opportunity to build upon your existing skillset through a thorough and supported induction alongside the completion of the Linnaeus Patient Care Assistant Course, covering topics such as animal husbandry, pharmacy, laboratory and theatre.
Southfields are proud to encourage the continued professional development of their associates, and, upon successful completion of your induction, you will be considered for enrolment on to the Level 2 Veterinary Care Support Assistant apprenticeship with the potential to progress to a Student Veterinary Nurse position in the future.
What kind of person you need to be
- You will need to be highly motivated self-starter able to demonstrate leadership qualities to co-ordinate, support and motivate our busy Night PCA team.
- You will have experience of, and a passion for, mentoring and training colleagues and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills to assist in managing conflicting priorities.
- You will have a desire to provide gold standard care to all our patients and the ability and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You will be willing and motivated to build upon your current skill set, utilising available training courses.
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Completion of the Level 2 Veterinary Care Assistant qualification, or similar, would be advantageous.
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone. For more information, click here.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays on a pro-rata basis *
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Enhanced sickness policy
- Extensive learning and development programmes
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Recruitment reward scheme
Wellness package, including;
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flu vaccine voucher
*Pro-rata for part-time associates
Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.