Southfields Veterinary Specialists is currently recruiting for a Theatre Technician to support our team of highly skilled Veterinary Surgeons and theatre nurses. This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services.
As a highly motivated self-starter, you will work under the direction and supervision of our team of clinicians and Registered Veterinary Nurses to facilitate the delivery of gold standard patient care.
You will understand the importance of sterility in order to prepare, store and use equipment and surgical instruments safely and guarantee asepsis
You will assist with stock management, including ordering of equipment, stock rotation and record keeping. You will contribute to the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and support the training of associates visiting the department.
With the support of the Senior Theatre Nurse, you will prioritise daily tasks to enable effective department workflow, ensuring all health and safety objectives are met and any concerns reported immediately.
You will maintain and contribute to a positive working environment and supportive culture, encouraging and supporting an open, transparent, and safe working environment
You will be exposed to cases from all disciplines. Referral experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
This position requires the post holder to participate in a shift rota, including Bank and statutory holidays.
Opportunities for career development
Your excellent organisation skills and attention to details will allow you to prepare operating theatres and surgical instruments for a wide range of elective and emergency procedures in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
What kind of person you need to be
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with:
- The desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- The ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- The ability to work both independently, under your own initiative, and as part of a growing team
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Demonstrate an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- A full-time position
- A generous benefit package
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train
Error: Contact form not found.