Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Our anaesthesia and analgesia team consist of RCVS and European Specialists, residency-trained consultants and dedicated anaesthesia nurses, who are committed to the provision of safe anaesthesia and analgesia, giving the very best care for all patients.
The anaesthesia and analgesia service work closely with the wider team to ensure all of our patients receive the best possible pain relief and with all our multi-disciplinary services to formulate optimal multi-modal analgesia plans for all patients under their care.
The anaesthesia and analgesia service also assists all our other services, including emergency and critical care, to optimally manage emergency and critical care patients.
Advanced clinical services include:
- multi-modal approach to analgesia in all cases, including the use of acupuncture
- acupuncture outpatient and pain management clinics
- critical care support, with an anaesthetist forming part of the ICU team as standard
- syringe-drivers available for all patients post-operatively
- interventional respiratory radiology techniques.
Equipment and facilities include:
- state-of-the-art monitoring equipment, including capnography and continuous ECG, available for every patient, from induction until completely recovered, including patients that are discharged to wards and ICU units
- defibrillator and ventilators
- arterial blood gas monitoring.
Patient case advice
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a case, the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.