Led by a recognised RCVS and European Specialist in both cardiology and internal medicine, the cardiology and cardiopulmonary team is highly experienced in the management of complex cardiac cases. It also has the expertise to treat cases with both cardiac and respiratory pathology.
The cardiology service is also supported by 24-hour veterinary and nursing team to ensure all of our patients have the optimal potential to make a full and uneventful recovery. Our team aim to see urgent patients the same day where required.
We encourage telephone calls from vets who require advice on the management of cardiac and respiratory cases. The team is also available to help with the interpretation of ECGs and radiographs, with no obligation for onward referrals.
Advanced clinical services include:
- pacemaker implantation
- treatment of PDA with transcatheter embolisation
- balloon catheter dilatation for pulmonic stenosis, aortic stenosis and other congenital heart defects
- arrhythmia monitoring
- Holter-monitor application on an out-patient basis
- interventional radiology for respiratory conditions
- cardioversion for atrial fibrillation.
- listed as an official screener by the Veterinary Cardiovascular Society
- listed by PawPeds as a screener for cats.
Patient case advice
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a case, the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.