Emergency and Critical Care (ECC)
Our new ECC service will provide outstanding care to our patients when they need it most and our ECC Specialist will be available to support and advise referring veterinary surgeons on critical cases.
The ECC team will look after the initial triage of critically ill patients and provide an emergency care plan tailored to the needs of each patient. After patients have been stabilised, the ECC team will involve Specialists from other services to provide follow-up care.
The ECC clinician will also be responsible for supporting our veterinary surgeons.
With access to canine and feline blood and blood products, we will ensure the highest-level intensive care is given to post-surgical patients at all times. We will be happy to receive advice calls from referring vets so we can discuss cases and provide support, even with no onward referral.
Advanced clinical services include:
- management of all types of emergencies, whether medical, surgical or neurological, e.g. fluid therapy, ventilation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- transfusion medicine with a full range of blood and blood products available on-site, including in-house crossmatching
- intensive care units within each discipline.
Equipment and facilities include:
- state-of-the-art facilities with superbly well-equipped intensive care units and 24-hour nursing care
- one-to-one nursing for the most critically ill patients
- advanced crash kit with defibrillator
- ventilation support for patients with respiratory compromise
- well-equipped in-house laboratory, including clotting and blood gas analysis
- Specialist-led advanced diagnostic imaging including ultrasound, CT, and MRI.
Patient case advice
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a case, the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.