ISFM Gold Standard Feline Friendly Clinic
February 20, 2023
Cat Friendly Clinic is a worldwide programme from the International Society of Feline Medicine, the veterinary division of the charity International Cat Care.
We recognise that because of their unique nature and needs, taking cats to visit a veterinary clinic can be very stressful, both for cats and their caregivers.
The Cat Friendly Clinic programme is designed to help address these issues by creating more cat friendly veterinary clinics and so reducing the stress for cats and making veterinary visits easier for caregivers as well.
At Southfields we have the following dedicated facilities for our feline patients:
- A separate cat entrance and waiting area
- A dedicated cat treatment facility
- A dedicated ISFM cat friendly team
- We spray towels and blankets with Feliway, a special scent designed to reduce stress
- We have a cat exercise room with toys and a climbing frame for inpatients
- We provide ISFM Information on:
- What is a Cat Friendly Clinic?
- Bringing your cat to the clinic
- Taking you cat home from the clinic
- Changing your cat food
- Giving tablets to your cat
- Giving skin ear or eye drops/ointment
- Lead vet: Sam Fowlie
- Jose Almansa Ruiz
- Xavier Navarro-Cubas
- Aldara Eiras-Diaz
- Hilary Bell
- Lauren Osborne
- Samara Brunning
Our dedicated cat friendly team are on hand to make sure every patient has the best journey and experience they possibly can. We ensure all cats are comfortable throughout their time at Southfields. Find out more.
We do just ask that all cats are kept in their carriers whilst in our waiting area.