Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for talented multidisciplinary registered veterinary nurses to support our existing teams in providing exceptional care to our patients.
You will work as part of our large, multi-disciplinary team consisting of consultants, residents, interns, nurses and patient care assistants. You will see a large and varied referral and emergency caseload, allowing you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines, including neurology, dermatology, radiotherapy, cardiology, surgery, oncology, ophthalmology, dentistry, internal medicine and exotics. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to each service and their patients.
You will work a range of shifts between 7 am-10 pm and 2:8 weekends with time off in lieu following.
Your daily duties will include effective communication with referring veterinary practices and clients visiting our hospital; developing care plans in conjunction with consultants; case handovers and communication, liaising with all disciplines to facilitate gold standard patient care; prioritising and providing holistic inpatient care in a timely manner; supporting patients undergoing general anaesthesia and sedation; facilitating diagnostic procedures, including radiography, ultrasound, MRI, CT and endoscopy, and the delivery of specialist and emergency care.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines. Due to the continued expansion at Southfields, you will work as a part of the growing team and be involved in developing procedures and ways of working for the hospital.
Referral experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
Opportunities for career development
Work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines, including neurology, dermatology, radiotherapy, cardiology, surgery, oncology, ophthalmology, dentistry, internal medicine and exotics.
What kind of person you need to be
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Motivation to continue to develop and expand your knowledge and experience in a supported environment
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) with a minimum of one year’s post-registration experience
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the-art working environment, and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Up to £28,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- Full-time, permanent position
- A generous benefits package including a holiday reward system, CPD allowance, and pension scheme
- Access to an extensive range of internal CPD to support your continued advancement
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.