(Ortho, or ST / Ortho Combined)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists (SFVS) are currently recruiting for a Surgeon who is board certified, or residency-trained (ECVS or ACVS) to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists.
As SFVS have moved to our brand new 42,000 sqft state-of-the-art facilities you will be part of a team that has been provided with some of the most advanced equipment and facilities.
You will be committed to developing the practice and providing high standards of care to both our patients and referring veterinary surgeons. You will join a surgical team already comprising three senior clinicians, one resident and one surgical intern. Our purpose-built, referral-only hospital is complimented by an excellent multi-disciplinary specialist-led team and provides the opportunity to work with some of the most exceptional and dedicated veterinary professionals in a supportive environment.
This exciting role will require the candidate to:
- Provide clinical services as a specialist consultant, either exclusively orthopaedic referrals, or a combination of orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery cases.
- Work with the surgery team for development of the SFVS orthopaedic service
- Support and develop the Surgery team, in particular by supervising and teaching residents, interns, technicians and nurses
- Work collaboratively with all other services and foster good relationships
- Develop new ways of working and SOP’s within our new centre
- Demonstrate professional standards that will advance patient care
- Be an ambassador for the team
Opportunities for career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we move to our new state-of-the-art referral centre in 2022. Training and a supportive working environment are where we excel. Working within the Linnaeus group offers huge potential to work with an exceptional team and also work within a large network of supportive specialists across the world.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated starter with the:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Passion and commitment to excellence in orthopaedic surgery
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (or eligible to become member)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Full-time position based on 4 days per week
- Very competitive salary
- 5 weeks’ holiday, plus bank holidays*
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, life insurance, supported CPD, registration fees and pension
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression and develop your career
- Located only 30 minutes by train from Central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train
*Pro-rata for part-time associates
Error: Contact form not found.