Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a talented nurse to support the existing Wards team in providing exceptional care to our patients.
You will work as part of our large, multi-disciplinary team consisting of consultants, residents, interns, nurses and patient care assistants. You will see a large and varied referral and emergency caseload, allowing you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst gaining experience in cases from all disciplines. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to the service and its patients.
Your daily duties will include prioritising and providing inpatient care in a timely manner; developing care plans in conjunction with consultants; case handovers and communication, liaising with all disciplines to facilitate gold standard patient care; inpatient monitoring and recovery and specialist and emergency care.
You will work a range of shifts between 7 am-10 pm and 2:8 weekends with time off in lieu following.
Due to the continued expansion at Southfields, you will work as a part of the growing team developing procedures and ways of working for the hospital.
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services.
Referral experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
Opportunities for career development
Work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst gaining experience in cases from all disciplines. This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require teamwork and dedication to the service and its patients.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to build upon your current knowledge and experience, utilising learning opportunities available through Linnaeus
- Passion to guide and support junior team members to reach their full potential
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
Specific experiences / qualifications / status / citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have proof of your right to work in the UK
- Be a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN), with a minimum of 1-year post-registration experience
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the-art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What's on Offer?
- Up to £28,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- Full-time, permanent position
- Competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including a holiday reward system, CPD allowance and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
Error: Contact form not found.