Doing our part to keep pets, clients and our staff healthy during COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists is fully open and seeing all cases referred to us in all of our specialist disciplines and support teams* – while adhering to our COVID-19 safety guidelines. We are open to support you and your needs.
We are continuing to request clients wear a face covering (unless exempt) and adhere to other COVID-19 related measures for the safety of our clients and associates and to ensure that we can continue providing you and your pets with a full range of quality services.
Travel for veterinary care is classed as ‘essential travel’. Pet owners can therefore travel to Southfields Veterinary Specialists for their pre-arranged appointment – unless they are contacted directly by us and advised otherwise.
Referring veterinary practices can continue to refer cases and call our team for advice.
However, if a pet owner would rather have a remote consultation we can accommodate this.
The team continues to work hard to ensure Southfields is compliant with COVID-19 social distancing advice. The team has all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) and continue to follow procedures to protect against the COVID-19 infection and its spread in our community. The team members on-site will be seen wearing face masks and following stringent cleaning and handwashing procedures, as well as many other risk-reducing protocols.
On arrival pet owners will speak to a member of our team to ensure they are following our procedures to reduce risk throughout their visit.
Prior to all appointments, our client care team will be in touch with pet owners to discuss the appointment and what to expect. If a remote consult is preferred and appropriate, this can be arranged.
If you have any further questions regarding how Southfields will be protecting against the spread of infection please email [email protected]
*All Southfields services are open, these include; anaesthesia and analgesia, cardiology and cardiopulmonary, dentistry and maxillofacial surgery, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, exotics, emergency and critical care, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology, radiotherapy, orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, veterinary nursing and client care.
If you are a pet owner and you now have an appointment to visit Southfields Veterinary Specialists. (Please note when you have been referred to Southfields, a member of our team will be in touch to schedule your appointment in advance.)
If you are visiting Southfields, the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who works in and visits our practice:
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or you’re experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/ or fever), and your pet needs veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need.
- If you have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited Southfields, please let us know as soon as possible. This is so we can implement measures to protect our staff and other clients.
- When you arrive, please wait outside and call our reception team to notify them of your arrival (or ring our bell).
- We request that you remain in your car or outside of the practice, where possible, to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff.
- If your pet is hospitalised at our facility, we are asking clients not to visit their pet at this time.
- If you need to change any appointments because you are in isolation, please call us and we will rearrange these for you.
We are following the most recent advice regarding the measures we need to take to help control the spread of COVID-19.