Neurology and Neurosurgery
Southfields Veterinary Specialists neurology team is happy to treat patients with any neurological problems, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles.
The service accepts referrals in all aspects of neurology and neurosurgery including:
- Spinal cord diseases including disc disease, wobbler syndrome, Chiari malformation Movement disorders
- Congenital malformations including surgery for hydrocephalus and spinal malformation
- Brain and spinal trauma including fractures
- Brain and spinal tumours including diagnosis, surgical and medical management
- Epilepsy including cases refractory to treatment
- Infectious and inflammatory CNS diseases
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Peripheral neuropathies
As part of a multi-disciplinary centre, our neurology team are fully supported by Specialists in our orthopaedic, anaesthesia, internal medicine and soft tissue surgery teams; our diagnostic imaging Specialists and extensive diagnostic imaging facilities ensure that we are able to provide rapid interpretation, diagnosis and treatment for all our patients referred for neurological problems and to optimise the outcome for such challenging neurological cases.