Start Your Dream Job
Start Your Dream Job
At Southfields Veterinary Specialists we have now moved into our new purpose-built £16m veterinary referral hospital, and we’re looking for talented multi-disciplinary registered veterinary nurses to support our existing teams in providing exceptional care to our patients.
As a Southfields nurse, you will play an essential role in providing the very best care and treatment for our clients, to aid their recovery. As a registered veterinary nurse, you will have gained general practice experience and are now looking to develop specialist nursing skills.
Our promise and commitment is to provide the highest quality of care to every patient we treat. Our team of veterinary nurses are dedicated to caring for our patient’s day and night.
Our nursing team ensures that every animal within our care has a comfortable and seamless recovery, helping each patient adapt to their procedure’s effects and managing and monitoring their treatments.
The new hospital is designed to ensure our patients feel at ease, and will boast some of the finest facilities for our 14 multi-disciplinary services, including:
- Innovative cancer treatment facilities
- Full diagnostics suites
- 24/7 emergency referral service
- Seven operating theatres, recovery suites and ICU
- Isolation department
- 14 consultation rooms
- 180 kennels including 163 for dogs and 17 for cats
- A dedicated cat care team.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- Nursing at Southfields offers a rewarding and challenging role requiring teamwork and dedication to each service and their patients. Working within our large multi-disciplinary team of consultants, residents, interns, nurses and patient care assistants, you will see a varied referral and emergency caseload.
- You’ll be working as part of an exceptional and supportive team, advancing your career journey whilst gaining experience in cases from all disciplines. It goes without saying that you’ll be caring, compassionate and enthusiastic to support the highly experienced and dedicated veterinary Specialists.
- You’ll be able to shape the nursing services that we offer and in return receive a rewarding career development opportunity and take advantage of not only what Southfields has to offer, but also the benefits of the broader Linnaeus group.
- For most of our nursing roles, referral experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
- We offer competitive packages including:
- Industry-leading benefits and a generous pension scheme.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- CPD allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- We have opportunities coming up all the time, so if you don’t see a role that you’re looking for, send us your CV prospectively and we can have a chat!
Don’t just take our word for it
A dedicated team with experienced discipline-specific nurses
Working alongside our multi-disciplinary team of Specialists, residents and interns, our nursing team includes nurses who focus on a range of specialisms giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area you’re most interested in.
We also have a team of multi-disciplinary nurses who work across all of our services, providing an opportunity for variety if you’re keen to work across all disciplines.
We are also a training hospital and have student nurses and post-registration programme nurses working alongside our team.
Interested in experiencing life as a referral nurse at our practice?
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our nurse experience days. It gives you a chance to meet the team, enjoy a guided tour of the practice hospital and learn about our nursing opportunities.
To register your interest, follow the link below and a member of the team will get in touch about arranging a date suitable for you.