Southfields offers an Ophthalmology service as part of our multi-disciplinary offering. With the benefit of advanced diagnostic and surgical facilities, our ophthalmic team is able to offer a comprehensive service for our eye patients.
A broad range of ophthalmology procedures are available and our highly experienced team encourage enquiries via the VetHub from vets who require advice on any aspect of veterinary ophthalmology, with no obligation for onward referral.
Every ophthalmology consultation will include:
- Slit lamp biomicroscopy
- Tear film evaluation
- Neuro-ophthalmic examination
- Chromatic pupillometry
- Indirect ophthalmoscopy
Further investigations as required and on a case-to-case basis may include:
- Ocular ultrasonography
Case types and procedures include:
- Eyelid and adnexal disease, including reconstructive eyelid surgery
- Nasolacrimal disease
- Conjunctival and third eyelid disease (including ‘cherry eye’)
- Corneal disease, including SCCED, stromal ulceration, perforation, foreign body, sequestrum and endothelial degeneration
- Refractory KCS
- Lens luxation and subluxation
- Inherited and acquired retinal disease (with special interest in treating SARDS cases)
- Orbital disease
Patient case advice
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a case, the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.