Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Day Patient Care Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a talented Patient Care Assistant (Maternity Cover) to support our team of highly skilled specialists, residents, interns, nurses, and trainee nurses.
Our core values ensure that we offer the same exceptional standard of care to our patients during the day and night and we are looking to meet candidates who are passionate about animal welfare and developing their knowledge and experience within the veterinary industry.
You will work both independently and as part of a team to support the provision of inpatient and emergency care to patients from all disciplines, including neurology, surgery, oncology, and internal medicine. You will have the opportunity to build upon your existing skill set through a thorough and supported induction alongside the completion of the Linnaeus Patient Care Assistant Course, covering topics such as animal husbandry, pharmacy, laboratory, and theatre.
This is a full-time (average 40 hours per week), fixed-term position with shifts between 7am-8pm. You will participate in a weekend and Bank Holiday rota.
A great opportunity for career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines. Referral experience is not essential, as full training and support will be provided, however, experience within a similar role would be advantageous.
Southfields are proud to encourage the continued professional development of their associates and, upon successful completion of your induction, you will be considered for enrolment on to the Level 2 Veterinary Care Support Assistant apprenticeship, with the potential to progress to a Student Veterinary Nurse position in the future.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide gold standard care to all our patients
- Ability and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Inclination to learn and develop your clinical skills
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- Previous experience within a similar role would be advantageous
Why choose Southfields?
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the-art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer?
- A full-time, fixed-term contract with the possibility of a permanent contract in the future
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Opportunities for progression
- A generous benefits package
- Excellent location – only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.